Search This Blog

10 July 2010

Pot Holders

This pot holder was made when I started my beginner quilting class.  It was good practise and it went into a basket that our bookclub group made up for Basketeers http://www.basketeers.ca/about.htm.  This is a group that provides baskets of goodies to assist abused women in a New Beginnings Program as they leave a women's shelter and start out again on their own. 
I also made matching placemats in the hope the sunny colours would brighten a meal table.


I was intrigued how the design changed when I turned the block 'en point'.
With this design I went outside my comfort zone of pairing colours and introduced a green.  Again it was all good practise for me.  When I used the left-over green/yellow half-square triangles and included them in the border of the Maple Leaf potholder, it was interesting to see how much smaller they became with each 1/4" seam allowance.

No comments: